Top 10 list for what I have done in the last week:
- Stayed up past 3 a.m. at least three nights…for work.
- Done a crazy urban scavenger hunt in the middle of NYC where, among other things, I: did a handstand on the sidewalk, performed some break-dancing moves on a street corner, mimed a silent movie of a robbery-in-progress, and personally serenaded a complete stranger who actually seemed to enjoy the attention while eating what I think was a stromboli.
- I have gotten tipsy with my boss with whom a discussion was had about how some men are “f*cking assholes,” while others are merely mildly irritating only sometimes. The latter are thus worth sticking with for the long haul when you think of the kind and loving person they are most of the times and when you relish the wonderful ways they treat you.
- Dared by my co-worker, I got up in front of the rockin’ cover band and danced on stage next to a group of sloppy, drunk girls. Met with exuberant applause, co-worker helped me off the stage with a “I can’t believe you just did that” look in his eyes and a firm hand, and I felt a bit like Courtney Cox in a Bruce Springsteen music video, except in 6-inch heels. Got the verbal and physical thumbs up from people I’d never seen before.
- Was told I was a superstar by many senior members of my company–makes these ridiculous work hours I’ve been putting in worth it.
- Dropped my second more than halfway full Jamba Juice smoothie in as many trips to NYC. That just ain’t right, Manhattan!
- Realized that there are only 12 days left before my news site launches!!!
- Received the corporate credit card…Office Depot now loves me.
- Actually asked to go to the principal’s office at the high school.
- Bought myself a Wii Sport this week, which I finally played today to combat the work-life imbalance threat that seems to overwhelm a majority of my colleagues by job definition. Wii bowling, I so own you! And you just wait, Wii baseball, there are more home runs, fastballs, and curve balls coming at ya. Seriously, I need to get the new dance game (version 2) that just came out.
And now off to bed, after a little over four hours of sleep last night and another early morning tomorrow. I get to spend a few hours with some cops. Love my job. 🙂